Classroom Guidelines and Procedures
1. Bring your textbook, binder, and a pencil with you to class every day.
2. Follow instructions the FIRST time they are given
3. Devote the entire class time available to Math class related projects. Any non-Math class material will be taken up and disposed of appropriately.
4. Leaving the classroom will not be permitted only in the case of an emergency; Students will be given 3 bathroom passes each 6 weeks.
5. Treat the property and rights of others with respect at all times.
6. Courteous and respectful behavior is expected at all times.
7. Stealing will not be tolerable. This includes another student’s property or work by cheating.
8. Any missed work is the responsibility of the ABSENT STUDENT.
9. Use of profanity and/or teasing is prohibited.
10. You are to fully respect not only the teacher, but EVERY student.
11. No talking during class. Raise your hand if you need to speak.
Violations of any of these rules will interfere with someone’s opportunity to learn and my responsibility to teach and will not be tolerated. You may expect the following consequences for violating our classroom rules:
* First Offense – warning
* Second Offense – Lunch detention and/or contact parent/guardian
* Repeated Offense –office referral
Serious classroom disturbances and/or failure to satisfactorily complete a disciplinary assignment may result in immediate referral to the office. If your behavior keeps me from teaching or another student from learning, there will be immediate consequences.
* Verbal Praise
* Students will earn RED tickets in class. Students can turn in 1 ticket for 1 bonus points/extra credit to be used on TESTS only (this excludes semester exams) or 10 red tickets will equal a homework pass
* RATTLER BucksGRADING PROCEDURES:
Grades will be assigned in each of the following areas:
* Will be assigned daily to be completed in the first 3 to 5 minutes of class.
* Must be completed on your own but you may use your notes
* Each day is worth 25 points. Bellringers (DOMs) will be collected each Friday.
* Will be assigned daily and usually checked in class. Unfinished classwork is to be completed at home along with any additional homework assignment if applicable.
* Any papers given to student on colored paper are to be kept ALL school year.
* Will be assigned daily to provide practice or review of material covered in class.
* Homework is due the following day at the beginning of class. No late work will be accepted except in special circumstances.
* Credit will be given for all work attempted with work shown and turned in on time. 50 points will be given for work and 50 points will be given for the answer for a total of 100 points for each homework assignment. If work is not shown, the student will automatically be given a 50.
* A response of “I didn’t know how to work it,” will NOT be accepted. YOU MUST MAKE AN EFFORT ON EVERY PROBLEM.
* HOMEWORK IS WORTH 100 POINTS EACH DAY FOR A POSSIBLE 400 POINTS EACH WEEK. (THIS CAN HURT OR HELP YOUR GRADE SO MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR HOMEWORK!)
Quizzes and Tests
* Frequent quizzes will be given, both announced and unannounced.
* Quizzes will be graded for accuracy.
* Tests will be announced and will cover a number of topics covered in class and MAY be assigned on Mondays
* No questions are to be asked by students during test taking time
* Semester exams will be comprehensive.
DAILY GRADES: HOMEWORK AND CLASSWORK = 40%
MAJOR GRADES: QUIZZES AND TESTS = 60%