6th Grade World Geography
Coach Neel- firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom Expectations, Rules, and Procedures
Conference Period: 2:00-2:40
Classroom Rules and Expectations
1. Be PROMPT and in your desk when the bell rings.
2. Bring ALL supplies with you to class or you may leave your notebook/binder in the designated crates by class periods (as long as supplies stay neat and organized).
3. Follow instructions the FIRST time they are given.
4. Devote the entire class time to World Geography related projects and work. Any non-world geography class material will be taken up and disposed of appropriately. (Only other class related work may be utilized correctly during Activity Period.)
5. Be PRODUCTIVE and pay attention, actively participate, and raise your hand to ask questions.
6. Leaving the classroom will not be permitted. Students will be given 3 bathroom passes every 6 weeks. (Only in the case of an emergency or for medical reasons, may a child leave the classroom.)
7. Treat the property and rights of others with respect at all times. Courteous and respectful behavior is expected at ALL times.
8. Stealing will not be tolerable. This includes another student’s property or work by cheating.
9. Any missed work is the responsibility of the ABSENT STUDENT. (Industrial ISD policy will be followed.)
10. Use of profanity and/or teasing is prohibited.
11. You are to fully respect not only the teacher, but EVERY student.
12. No talking during class. Raise your hand if you need to speak.
13. The bell does NOT dismiss class, I do. Students will remain in their desk until released by the teacher.
Required Classroom Materials
- 1 pkg. wide ruled notebook paper
- 1 composition book
- 1 1/2" binder
- 1 box, 12 count colored pencils
- 1 plastic folder with pockets and brads
- Textbooks are kept in the classroom.
IJHS Grading Policy
* Daily Grades: Homework and Classwork= 40%
* Major Grades: Quizzes and Tests=60%
· Daily oral geography (D.O.G.) is assigned daily and is to be completed in the first 3 to 5 minutes of class.
· Must be completed on your own but you may use your notes and an atlas.
· There can and will be grades based on completion of D.O.G and quizzes over D.O.G will be major grades.
· Will be assigned daily and usually checked in class. Unfinished classwork is to be completed during study skills or at home, along with any additional homework assignments.
· Homework will have an assigned due date that students can write down in their homework folder. There will also be a reminder on the white board of due assignments/homework.
· Credit will be given for all work turned in on time. You must make an EFFORT on every assignment!
Quizzes and Tests
· Quizzes will be given on vocabulary and D.O.G. Quizzes on units of study will also be given throughout the 6 weeks.
· Tests will be announced and will cover a number of topics covered in class and MAY be assigned any day of the week.
· No questions are to be asked by students during test taking time.
· Semester exams will be comprehensive.
Remind: I use Remind to communicate with parents/students. I have posted information on my website on how to sign up for the app and I have also included instructions here:
Join by downloading the Remind app, text messaging, or using the web browser.
· Remind app: Enter your class code on the app @: hdg9dd
· Text Message Instructions: Enter this number: 81010 and text this message: “@hdg9dd”
· Web Browser: https://www.remind.com/join/hdg9dd
Please read the above information and then sign below, detach this page and return it to Mrs. Neel by Fri. August 25, 2017.
Parent e-mail address ______________________________________
Parent phone number _______________________________________