Junior High Art
Ms. Hollis- firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Period: 1:00-1:40
8: ESL Study Skills
1. BE PROMPT and in your desk when the bell rings
2. BE PREPARED and have all materials needed for class
3. BE POSITIVE and keep a can do attitude
4. BE POLITE and respectful to classmates, teacher, school property, and yourself
5. BE PRODUCTIVE and pay attention, actively participate, and ask questions.
- Follow all guidelines set forth in the student handbook.
- Check board for what we will be doing/working on for that particular day.
- Be prepared for class; this includes having all supplies/materials with you at your table when the bell rings.
- Attend to personal needs BEFORE coming to class: Do not ask to leave class unless you have a true emergency. No one will leave the first or last 10 minutes of class.
- Remain in your seat unless you have permission to get up. Raise your hand if you need teacher assistance
- No food, drinks, or cell phones allowed. EVER! (Water is allowed in a clear bottle)
- STUDENTS are responsible for asking and getting missed work if they were absent.
- ALWAYS make sure your work area is completely cleaned off before leaving the classroom, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• 2 Poster Board (color optional, avoid dark colors)
• 1 roll duct tape (color/decorative is optional)
• 1 Box of tissues
• 4 BIG pink erasers
• 2 glue sticks
• 10 No. 2 WOODEN pencils (No mechanics)
• 1 box colored pencils
• 1 Braded folder with pockets
• 11X14 drawing pad (anything higher than 50 lb)Classroom Procedures
1. Dismissal of class: The bell does NOT dismiss class, I do. Students will remain in desk until released by the teacher.
2. Absences: If you are absent, please see me before or after school or class to be filled in on missed instruction.
5. Substitutes: Substitutes should be respected at ALL times. When I am out, I will leave detailed instructions and seating charts. You will be required to follow all instructions.
IJHS Grading Policy
· Daily Work & Quizzes – 40%
· Tests – 60%
Please return to Ms. Hollis by August 30, 2017.
Parent's Name: ___________________________________________________
Student Name: ___________________________________________________
Best way of contacting you: _____ Phone # _________________ or _____ Email
Please provide your email : _________________________________________