Matula SyllabusPre-AP Biology & Biology2018 – 2019
I would like to welcome you back to school at Industrial High School. I have certain rules and classroom expectations that will be in effect in my classroom at all times and I would like to take this time to share them with you.
Materials needed DAILY include:
- Blue or black pens
- Red pens (2)
- HOMEWORK – work becomes late one minute after the bell rings
- Notebook/Binder (1 ½”)
- 3 Dividers (Labeled: Notes, Daily Work, Labs)
- 1st period – 1 package of notebook paper
- 2nd period – 1 box of tissue
- 3rd period – 1 small bottle of hand soap
- 5th period – 1 small bottle of dish soap
- 6th period – 1 small container of Clorox wipes
Students will keep all notes, assignments, labs, etc. for the entire year in their notebook/binder.
Remind 101: Instruction for set up will be sent home on the first day of class
- 1st period – @e36eg8
- 2nd period - @ee3ef6
- 3rd period – @3h7878
- 5th period - @kf63c4
- 6th period – @ehefg9
Major Work: 60%
Includes – Labs, Projects, and Test
Daily Assignments: 40%
- Safety/Introduction/Chemistry of Biology
- Classification and Diversity
- Multicellular Life – systems
- Bring ALL materials to class EVERYDAY.
- Homework is due at the BEGINNING of the class period on the day it is due. Late work will be accepted for 3 DAYS following the due date for PARTIAL credit. Any work received after the three days will result in a zero. (First day – 11 pts, second day -21 pts, third day -31 pts.)
- Projects, which are consider test grades, will be given PARTIAL credit it turned in after the assigned date. (First day -20 pts, second day -40 pts, third day a zero.)
- Students will be respectful to the teacher, substitutes, IHS staff, and other students.
- Cheating will result in a ZERO, with no discussion.
- When students are absent, it is their responsibility to get their missing assignments. Students will be given an extra day to complete missing work. If you are absent on the day that a test is given, you will be expected to take the test the day you return during study skills. Exceptions will be made in EXTREME circumstances. Failure to comply within the given time frame will result in a zero.
- NO extra credit assignments are assigned.
- Follow all Laboratory Safety Rules.
- 1st offence: Warning
- 2nd offence: Classroom discipline
- 3rd offence: Office Referral
Please feel free to contact me anytime you have a concern or question. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. My conference period is 4th period from 10:59 - 11:44 Monday, and Friday, 11:12-11:57 Wednesday and 10:39-11:28 on Tuesday and Thursday. I’m looking forward to a great school year.
Thank you,Chasity Matula
IHS Science Teacher/Coach
Student Council Sponsor