6th Grade Health
Coach Neel- email@example.com
Classroom Expectations, Rules, and Procedures
Conference Period: 4th period (10:40-11:20 a.m.)
Classroom Rules and Expectations
- Be PROMPT and in your desk when the bell rings.
- Bring ALL supplies with you to class or you may leave your notebook/binder in the designated crates by class periods (as long as supplies stay neat and organized).
- Follow instructions the FIRST time they are given.
- Devote the entire class time to health related projects and work. Any non-health class material will be taken up and disposed of appropriately. (Only other class related work may be utilized correctly during Activity Period or given permission when assignments are complete.)
- Be PRODUCTIVE and pay attention, actively participate, and raise your hand to ask questions.
- Leaving the classroom will not be permitted. Students will be given 3 bathroom passes every 6 weeks. (Only in the case of an emergency or for medical reasons, may a child leave the classroom.)
- Treat the property and rights of others with respect at all times. Courteous and respectful behavior is expected at ALL times.
- Stealing will not be tolerable. This includes another student’s property or work by cheating.
- Any missed work is the responsibility of the ABSENT STUDENT. (Industrial ISD policy will be followed.)
- Use of profanity and/or teasing is prohibited.
- You are to fully respect not only the teacher, but EVERY
- No talking during class. Raise your hand if you need to speak.
- The bell does NOT dismiss class, I do. Students will remain in their desk until released by the teacher.
Required Classroom Materials
- 1 box, 12 count colored pencils
- 1 plastic folder with pockets and brads
- Textbooks are kept in the classroom.
IJHS Grading Policy
* Daily Grades: Homework and Classwork= 40%
* Major Grades: Quizzes and Tests=60%
- Will be assigned daily and usually checked in class. Unfinished classwork is to be completed during study skills or at home, along with any additional homework assignments.
- Homework will have an assigned due date that students can write down in their homework folder. There will also be a reminder on the white board of due assignments/homework.
- Credit will be given for all work turned in on time. You must make an EFFORT on every assignment!
Quizzes and Tests
- Quizzes will be given on vocabulary and on units of study throughout the 6 weeks.
- Tests will be announced and will cover a number of topics covered in class and MAY be assigned any day of the week.