Who can join Student Council?
Student Council is an organization open to all high school students at Industrial High School! It's a great opportunity to build leadership skills, meet and socialize with other students, & serve your school community! We currently have 50-75 members attend each meeting.
How often are meetings?
Currently. the frequency of meetings varies. We tend to have more meetings surrounding events and fundraisers. Meetings will always be posted in the announcements, so keep an eye and ear out. Invite your friends too!
How do I become an officer?
Officers are elected with each school year. To become an officer, you must have been a STUCO member in the previous year. The members vote to elect officers.
What does Student Council do?
In the past here are some things STUCO has done (including, but not limited to):
- Attend convention twice a year with other schools
- Homecoming Dance & Events
- Pennies for Patients Fundraiser
- Food & Clothing Drives
- Sadie Hawkin's Dance
- Candy Cane Gram Fundraiser for families in need during Christmas
- Veteran's Day Ceremony
- Red Ribbon Week Activities
- Door Decorating Contest
- Teacher Appreciation Week Involvement
- And more!